top of page

You might need to leave your child in someone else’s formal care – that is, child care – if you have work, study or other commitments. Choosing the right child care and early learning service can be a difficult decision for families. It will depend on your family’s needs […]

A playgroup is an informal session where mums, dads, grandparents, caregivers, children and babies meet together in a relaxed environment. Playgroups can help children’s learning and development through their participation in new experiences and interactions with other children. Attending a playgroup reduces isolation for families, because playgroups provide regular social […]

Preschool or kindergarten is available for all children in the year before school. Preschool helps children to develop physically, emotionally and socially before going to school. Children must attend school from five years of age until they finish Year 10. After Year 10 they must participate in full-time […]

Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses are for people who want technical or trade skills, or skills for a specific job. There are many vocational training courses in areas such as information technology, business services, art and media, tourism and hospitality, child care, transport and logistics, construction, […]

The National Training Complaints Hotline is a national service for consumers to register complaints concerning vocational education and training. The service refers consumers to the appropriate agency/authority/jurisdiction to assist with their complaints. The vocational education and training sector is complex, with many different organisations involved, including the […]

Australian universities are among the best in the world. An undergraduate degree course usually takes three years to complete, but there are also double-degrees and post-graduate studies that take longer. Some courses have distance (online) learning and part-time options. Universities may also offer shorter professional development courses. To learn more […]

If you wish to undertake study or training in Australia, it is may be helpful to first have your qualification or overseas work experience formally recognised by a training provider, university, or skills assessment authority. This may assist you in meeting […]

Youth Allowance (for people aged 16 – 24 years) and Austudy (for those 25 years and over) provide financial assistance for Australian residents who are full-time students undertaking approved study and whose income and assets are within certain limits. A waiting period applies for most newly arrived residents. […]

In some states and territories, school and higher education students may be eligible for a student card that entitles them to discounts when paying for services, for example public transport. Ask your school or institution about getting a student card.

Adult and Community Education (ACE) offers educational courses in local communities for people over 15 years. ACE courses are usually very flexible and suit people of varying abilities and backgrounds. Typically, course duration is two to three hours weekly, over six to eight weeks, or full-day workshops. Often […]

bottom of page