top of page

1800 RESPECT provides counselling, information and referral services for people seeking help or information on family and domestic violence and sexual assault. Professional counsellors are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. They can also help anyone concerned for a friend, relative, a colleague or […]

Community agencies deliver programs for people under 25 years. Youth workers are qualified and experienced and they provide young people with information, help and activities in a safe environment, often at a Youth Centre or local council. For more help: National Youth Services Telephone Website Kids Helpline […]

Australians value parenting, but recognise that it is not always easy to be a “good” parent. Information and help is available from many organisations. Disciplining children is an important part of parenting, but physical punishment in Australia is illegal. You can use other forms of discipline, like taking away privileges […]

The Child Support scheme, administered by the Department of Human Services, helps separated parents manage child support payments for the benefit of their children. Contact the department to discuss your child support options. Child Support Contact details Child Support website Telephone Child Support  131 272 Information in other […]

There are many government, private and community organisations that provide services for people over 50 years of age. The Australian Government provides: The Age Pension – income support and access to concessions for eligible older Australians at My Aged Care – information about your options, and how to access […]

The Australian Red Cross provides tracing and message services for relatives who have been separated due to war, civil disturbance and natural disaster. The worldwide network of Red Cross societies help people to find missing family members overseas. It also helps thoseoverseas to find people now living in Australia. […]

The Department of Human Services provides social, health and other payments and services through Centrelink and Medicare. These will vary depending on the needs of each individual and family. Contact Centrelink immediately for assistance if your circumstances change, for example, if you have a child, lose your […]

bottom of page