top of page

Help with housing

People on low incomes may be eligible for temporary accommodation, or financial assistance from the government for help paying the rental bond and the first month rent in advance.

Rent Assistance is a government payment to help people on low incomes pay their rent (
Public housing

If you receive Centrelink payments or are on a low income you can apply to rent public housing, which is owned by the government.

If you live in public housing you will pay rent at a subsidised rate, which is less than renting privately.

The waiting time for public housing varies according to where you want to live, your household size and the urgency of your housing need. The waiting periods can be very long.

For more information:

Housing support for homelessness

If you are homeless, or at risk of becoming homeless, the services listed below can assist with emergency accommodation or provide referrals.

For more information please go to 

bottom of page